Friday, September 18, 2009

Call Center Hopping

i went to jobstreet.com today to window shop for other jobs. i searched for a job in the call
center industry (which i have been a part of for a collective 3 years now) and was stunned to see
almost a thousand results for my search... talk about the high unemployment rate in the
Philippines... it's times like this when i wonder why we have a very high unemployment rate. i
mean, jobs are out there and yet, a lot of people can't find them...or maybe they subscribe to the
belief that "by doing nothing, you will achieve something" or they're just plain lazy.

people, jobs are out there and if you can't find them, it's your own fault. like the filipino
saying goes, "kung gusto may paraan, kung ayaw may dahilan" (if there's a will, there's a way.
if you don't like it, you'll find a reason to decline or something to that effect)

i applied to several jobs using my online resume. i was amused entertained by some of the questions asked, i made a copy of two of the questions and my answers and decided to post it here. i chose these two because they are the questions that made me think... just like when i was in high school and competing for the essay wring contest. hope you guys enjoy this.

********************
Question:
What type of people do you get along with and why?

MyAnswer:
I try to get along with all types of people. Especially in this industry where you meet people from all walks of life and all kinds of attitude, background and personality.Most of the time, I get along with people who are upbeat, jolly and with good humor. The reason for
this is I feel like I'm one of them. I also get along with the "silent type" because I'm very
talkative and they are good listeners.
I like to think of myself as a people person and I try to get along with everyone as much as
possible.

********************
Question:
Describe the last time you did something to feel good about yourself.

MyAnswer:
I did this last Sunday, 12 September2009. I watched the movie "Kimmydora" starring Eugene Domingo. I make it a point that every pay day, I do something for myself. I was happy partly because of the movie but mostly because of the feeling that I deserved something like that, and I was getting it.I may not have been able to celebrate my birthday last September 6, but I made it up by treating myself to a movie, with popcorns, chocolates and drinks to boost. I also bought a new shirt and ate at my favorite restaurant. It's a nice feeling knowing that you are getting something out of your hard earned money. It may not have been a material thing, but it was worth it.

********************
there was also a question why i wanted to leave my current job. i answered it but i won't tell
you the answer... that would be unethical... by the way, i was in the office when i checked
jobstreet...

and i'm in the office now.. sshhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment